Monday, August 30, 2010

Week Two Baby!!!

Today is the start of Week Two of school! I am just glad I survived my first week... although I was very tired EVERY day! I think this week will not be as overwhelming... I hope! :)
Today in clinic we learned how to disinfect our units and set up for a patient. Lots of little things to remember, I think it will take some time to know it all of the top of my head, but I know it will happen and become second nature! We got to work on one of our Pod buddies today, I worked with Ashley! I was her patient first, she got to seat me and practice spraying water and suctioning with all the different suctions! She did Awesome! Then it was my turn! I was excited to finally be able to work in a real persons mouth, I feel like it has been FOREVER! Since I haven't done it for two weeks now! But its just like riding a bike, feels natural even if its been a while! :) I enjoyed using the Blue Boa today... Tried the two different type of tips, totally prefer the straight tip over the curly one! Seems to fit in the mouth better and suction better! Also less bulky! So I prefer this one as a patient and when working in the mouth! We also learned how to take down the room and disinfect after a patient! Lots to remember there also!
I also passed off my Personal Protective Equipement PE today!
Overall it has been a great day, although I am STARVING!!! Need to eat a better breakfast on Monday mornings thats for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment